This policy was last updated December 19, 2023.
mymonty™ website (https://mymonty.com) (Website) is the property of Monty Finance UK LTD, registered in Bridge House 181 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4V4EG, UK with the registration number /13458623/, hereinafter (“mymonty™”, “we” , “our”, or “us”) and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Website’s Terms and Conditions ) sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide us with, will be processed by us. (“you” or “your” may represent anyone or any entity visiting or using the Website, whether or not they register or engage in specific actions).
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
You may be asked to provide your personal information anytime you use mymonty™ Website or Service.
We process personal data about you as necessary to meet our contractual and legal obligations, provide you with products and services that you request from us or otherwise fulfill the legitimate interests described in the sections below.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, chatbots, subscribing to our newsletter or otherwise.
The information you give us includes without being limited to your first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, mobile number, country of residence, occupation, national ID, or Passport.
Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our Website we will automatically collect the following information: Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information (if applicable), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), information you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), methods used to browse away from the page and any information of yours related to contacting our customer service team (e.g. phone number).
Information we receive from other sources: This is information we receive about you from public domain, third parties or other websites we operate or the other services we provide. Third parties we work with include: business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To carry out our obligations to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired or purchased;
To communicate with you, directly or through our sub-processors or one of our partners, including for customer support, to respond to your requests and for assistance and customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Service;
To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
To notify you about changes to our goods and service;
To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
To administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so;
As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We do not:
Sell or trade your personal data;
Transfer your personal data to a third country or international organization without appropriate safeguards in places;
Take a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with:
• Selected third parties including but not limited to:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Website;
• Vendors and service providers for promotional or marketing purposes, and to provide you with information relevant to you such as product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information.
• Fraud and crime prevention agencies for the purpose of assessing the risk of crime, fraud and money laundering.
• We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply mymonty™ Website Terms and Conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of mymonty™, our customers, or others.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If the Company, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal data on our Website from persons under (13) thirteen years of age , and no part of our Website is directed to persons under (13) thirteen years of age. If you are under (13) thirteen years of age, then please do not use or access this Website at any time or in any manner.
We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal data of persons less than (13) thirteen years of age that has been collected on our Website without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such personal data.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All information you provide to us is stored on our private blockchain network in the European Economic Area.
LENGTH OF STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we will only retain the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it, which in most cases will be 6 years.
However, we may be required to retain your information for a longer retention period if it is required or permitted by applicable law.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible weaknesses and attacks. The technologies we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. We have proven many times that your data is safe with us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. We can only guarantee that we will do our best to keep your data safe.
• Right to access and your personal data. You have the right to obtain from mymonty™ confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data.
• Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain from mymonty™ the rectification of inaccurate personal data. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you also shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
• The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling mymonty™ to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
• The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
• mymonty™ no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
• You have filed a claim to processing data, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of mymonty™ override yours.
• Right to take your data. You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
• Right to delete data. You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data where one of the following grounds applies:
• The personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
• There is no legal ground for the processing;
• Personal data has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in law to which mymonty™ is subject;
• The personal data has been collected in relation to the offer of information society services.
• Right to lodge a complaint. You have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of the country in which you reside.
USERS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM (UK) AND EUROPEAN UNION (EU)
Under data protection law in the UK and EU, we can only use information about you when the law allows us to. This is referred to as the “legal basis”.
Below we have set out the different legal basis we rely on to use your information:
Consent – When you sign up to receive our newsletter, we will only use this information with your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing to the newsletter.
Contract – When you sign up to use our services, we need to use your data to fulfil a contract you have with us. Alternatively, we will use your data when it’s necessary because we have asked you to, or you have taken yourself, specific steps before entering that contract; for example, completing an application.
Legal Obligation – Sometimes, we need to use your data to comply with the law. This can include supplying data to law enforcement, or to retain data in line with statutory obligations.
Legitimate Interests – For all the other purposes listed, we process your data as it’s necessary to support a legitimate interest we have, or another party has, and we have determined these are not outweighed by your own interests.
As stated above in the “Your Rights” section, under UK and EU law you have certain rights over how your data is used. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- right to be informed about how your data is used;
- right of access to your personal data;
- right to correction or rectification of your data;
- right to request deletion of your data; and
- the right to data portability.
We will fulfil these rights as soon as possible, and in any event within the timeframes stated in law, which is generally one month from when a request is made.
Questions, comments, and concerns regarding these terms are welcomed and should be addressed to: email@example.com